If you’re looking for a place to celebrate fall here’s your chance. The 4th annual Parktoberfest is Sept. 21-23 at Beacon Park. The free three-day German-style festival begins at noon each day and features activities and entertainment for all ages.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- The Big Biergarten Tent will feature craft, seasonal and Oktoberfest Biers, ceremonial and specialty keg tappings by Griffin Claw Brewing Company (GCBC), Samuel Adams, Angry Orchard and Warsteiner Beer. Beer selections include Screamin’ Pumpkin, Bourbon Barrel Aged Screamin’ Pumpkin, Griffin Claw Oktoberfest, Griffin Claw New England #4, Sam Adams, Sam Adams Oktoberfest, Warsteiner, Paulaner, Atwater Bloktoberfest.
- The new Bavarian Inn Cluck Truck, will offer up classic Frankenmuth chicken dinner, smoked sausages, buttered noodles, pretzels, black forest elephant ears and more.
- High Octane Food Truck, Lumen Detroit and more
Oktoberfest competitions including stein hoisting (who can hold a full stein the longest) and keg rolling
- Make a root beer float at the “Faygo Root Beirgarten”
- Kid Zone with games, face painting, make and take activities
- Live music and dance performances (a few acts TBA):
Noon – 2 p.m.: Nadir Omowale
3 – 4 p.m.: Oktoberfest games
4 – 5 p.m.: Planet D Nonet
5 – 5:30 p.m.: Ceremonial keg tapping
5:30 – 7 p.m.: Euromutts
7:30 – 8:30 p.m.: Okoberfest games
9 – 11 p.m.: Slavic Soul Party!
Noon – 2 p.m.: Cosmic Groove
2:15 – 2:45 p.m.: Carpathian Club Youth Dancers
3 – 4 p.m.: Oktoberfest Games
4:15 – 4:45 p.m.: Carpathian Club Youth Dancers
5 – 5:30 p.m. Ceremonial keg tapping
5:30 – 7:30 p.m. TBD
7:30 – 8:30 p.m. Oktoberfest games
9 – 11 p.m.: Vertical Horizon
Noon – 1:30 p.m.: 50 Amp Fuse
1:45 – 2 p.m.: Carpathian Club Youth Dancers
2 – 3 p.m.: Oktoberfest games
3:15 – 3:45 p.m.: Carpathian Club Youth Dancers
3:45 – 4:45 p.m.: Immigrant Sons
4:45 – 5:30 p.m.: Oktoberfest Games
5:30 – 7 p.m.: The Polish Muslims
7 p.m.: Detroit Lions vs. New England Patriots game on the big screen
Admission is free with food and drink for purchase. In addition, the Sunday, Sept. 23rd Detroit Lions game will be live streamed on a big screen.
Hours: Friday, Sept. 21 and Saturday, Sept. 22 from noon to midnight; Sunday, Sept. 23 from noon to 11 p.m.
Parktotoberfest is presented by DTE Energy Beacon Park Foundation and programmed by the Downtown Detroit Partnership.