Detroit has 300 years of history, good and bad. It has hundreds of thousands of residents. It has bars, restaurants and shops. But, sometimes, people need a push to find out what they can about it dynamic city. That’s where the Detroit Experience Factory comes in.
The Detroit Experience Factory connects locals and visitors to Detroit’s people, places and projects through contextual storytelling, interactive experiences and innovative resources. DXF operates Detroit’s community based Welcome Center and has taken more than 85,000 people on experiential tours of Detroit since launching in 2006.
To celebrate this major milestone and to launch its new expanded Summer Tour Schedule, DXF is hosting a Summer Kickoff Party on May 13th from 12 pm – 5 pm with snacks, giveaways and games. The 2017 DXF Summer Tour Schedule is unprecedented as it includes 16 new public tours bringing the total of different tours offered this summer to 28. The best part is that half of them are free and they’re offered almost every day of the week.
“There are literally thousands of amazing people, places and projects in this city and we want to showcase them all,” says Jeanette Pierce, Executive Director at DXF, “By expanding our public tour offerings and constantly creating new private tours focused on all sorts of themes we hope to continue to show both locals and visitors that there is something for everyone in Detroit.”
Some of the more anticipated tours include:
· Free QLINE Tour – Step aboard Detroit’s new light rail for a cruise along the Woodward Avenue Corridor. Sights include the entertainment district, Midtown, and New Center.
· Free Neighborhood Walking Tours- Detroit is much more than downtown and this series of tours will help you connect with some of the city’s most interesting neighborhoods like West Village, Grandmont-Rosedale and the Avenue of Fashion.
· Explore Detroit Themed Bus Tours- Each month DXF will explore different themes throughout the city including Urban agriculture, Art and Architecture, City of Design, and Coffee, Tea and Chocolate
· Small BIZ Tour – Experience a slice of Detroit’s small business community as we visit some of the wonderful and unique small businesses downtown.
· Art in the Market – From local, national, and internationally acclaimed muralists to galleries galore, you’ll find a new reason to love the oldest and largest public market in the country!
For details about the Summer Kickoff, to schedule a custom tour and for the full DXF Summer Tour Schedule visitdetroitexperiencefactory.org. For media assets including video, infographics, hi-res photos and more visitdetroitexperiencefactory.org/media-kit.
Detroit Experience Factory is an affiliate of the Downtown Detroit Partnership. Downtown Detroit Partnership strengthens and supports Downtown Detroit through strategic initiatives and programs. DDP convenes business, philanthropic and government partners to create a vibrant, resilient urban core for Detroit and the surrounding community.
Photos courtesy of Detroit Experience Factory.