The Fifth Third Bank Financial Empowerment Mobile (eBus) will be in Southwest Detroit at Life Directions on Aug. 22 to provide free financial education for potential homebuyers, small business owners, job seekers and senior citizens.
The 40-foot bus will be at 1500 Scotten St., which is adjacent to Western International High School and Clark Park. It will also be at seven other Detroit locations this month. They are listed below.
The retro-fitted mobile classroom is equipped with 14 personal computers and satellite technology and staffed by Fifth Third bankers and representatives from nonprofit community organizations.
Once onboard, visitors will be able to:
- Request a credit report and review it with a professional
- Receive personalized evaluation of finances
- Receive internet banking and bill payment demonstrations
- Speak with non-profit organizations regarding housing, money management and business advice
- Receive consultation on foreclosure prevention
- Conduct online job searches
“We are committed to improving lives in our community through financial education,” says David Girodat, Fifth Third Bank regional president in Eastern Michigan. “The eBus allows us to serve people where they live and work and provide the knowledge and tools to help them take control of their financial futures.”
The Fifth Third Financial Empowerment Mobile will also be at the following locations this month:
- Aug. 21, Build Institute, 2701 Bagley, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Aug. 24, Franklin Wright Settlements, 3360 Charlevoix, 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Aug. 25, Detroit PAL, 1680 Michigan Ave., 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Aug. 28, Detroit Employment Solutions Corp. (DESC), 18100 Meyers Rd., 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Aug. 29, Focus:HOPE, 1550 Oakman Blvd., 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Aug. 30, DTE Energy at Beacon Park, 1901 Grand River Ave., 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
To date, nearly 400,000 people have boarded the eBus across the Fifth Third footprint, with many visitors and new customers starting their path toward achieving their financial goals.