“Southwest Detroit has long been known as a wonderful food and restaurant destination for residents and visitors in metro Detroit,” says SDBA President Robert Dewaelsche. “We hope this event helps to showcase our rich cultural diversity while encouraging more visitors to explore the area. In addition to our authentic restaurants and taquerias visitors can find unique products and services among the more than 1,700 small businesses many mercados, bakeries, merchants, specialty retailers.”
This small business feature is sponsored by Bank of America. To learn more about Bank of America’s many programs and resources visit: https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallbusiness/business-financing.go.
The 2019 SWDRW participating restaurants include:
- Antojitos El Catracho (Honduras & El Savlador), 4627 W. Vernor Hwy.
- Armanado’s Mexican Restaurant (TexMex & Cuban), 4242 W. Vernor Hwy.
- Asty Time (Dominican Republic), 7340 McGraw
- Camino Real (Jalisco, Mexico), 1100 Central Ave.
- Centro Botanero, (Nayarit, Mexico) 2302 Campbell St
- El Asador Steakhouse (Northern Mexico), 1312 Springwells
- El Barzon Restaurante (Mexican and Italian), 3710 Junction
- El Rancho Restaurant (Mexico), 5900 W. Vernor Hwy.
- El Rey de a las Arepas (Venezuelan), 7701 McGraw St.
- La Palapa del Parian (Jalisco, Mexico), 1628 Lawndale
- La Posada (Jalisco, Mexico), 1930 Springwells
- La Rosita (Michoacan, Mexico), 7849 McGraw St.
- La Terraza (Mexico), 8445 W. Vernor Hwy.
- Los Altos Restaurant (Jalisco, Mexico), 7056 W. Vernor Hwy.
- Mariscos El Salpicon (Nayarit, Mexico), 8600 W. Vernor Hwy.
- Mexican Village Restaurant (Mexico), 2600 Bagley Ave.
- Peso Bar (Modern Mexican), 2547 Bagley St.
- Pupuseria y Restaurante Salvadoreño (El Salvador), 3149 Livernois
- Rincon Tropical (Puerto Rico), 6538 Michigan Ave.
- Senor Lopez Restaurant (Hidalgo, Mexico), 7146 Michigan Ave.
- Taqueria El Caporal (Jalisco, Mexico), 1414 Junction
- Taqueria El Nacimiento (Jalisco, Mexico), 7400 W. Vernor Hwy.
- Taqueria El Rey (Jalisco, Mexico), 4730 W. Vernor Hwy.
- Triangulo Dorado (Northern Mexico), 8065 W. Vernor Hwy.
For a complete list of participating restaurants, visit www.swdetroitrestaurantweek.com. Menu prices will vary by participating restaurant with some requiring cash-only payments. No advance ticket purchases are necessary.